Mission Statement : Nurses working together as servants of Christ.
Vision Statement : WELS Parish Nursing would like to educate and support Parish Nurse Ministries within our congregations as our nurses serve the Lord with their God-given nursing skills.
Statements of Purpose for WELS Parish Nurses:
- Advocacy: Promote Parish Nursing by developing a leadership pool available for networking, problem solving and support. Visit WELS conferences or conventions with the Parish Nurse Display and basic information on parish nursing to create an awareness of Parish Nursing for our congregations.
- Education: Develop a training program for our nurses looking to start a Parish Nurse Ministry in their congregation as well as enrichment opportunities for parish nurses well established in their practice. Providing ideas for short term commitments of time as well as a more formal ministry.
- Spiritual Support: Provide opportunities for Parish Nurses to grow in faith as they support others with the hope that we have in Christ Jesus.
- Parish Nurse Resource Library: Develop an online resource library for Parish Nurses on the WELSNA web site.
- Communication: Create a database of WELS Parish Nurses. Provide articles of interest to the WELS Nursing Today quarterly newsletter, giving ideas on integrating faith and wellness in order to enhance the spiritual, emotional and physical well being of individuals and the wider community.
- WELS Community Liaison: Share information about and develop relationships with other organizations within WELS in order to provide services to people in our congregations or the community at large.
WELS Parish Nurses Ministries Conveying the love of Jesus through wellness and nursing interventions
- Training, supporting and supervising volunteers
- Comforting and encouraging shut-ins and nursing home residents with loving action and Christian witness
- Modeling growth in physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Linking people to health and community resources
- Easing home and hospital transitions
- Providing health and wellness education
"If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides,
so that in all things God may be praised through Christ Jesus."
1 Peter 4:11