WELS Nurses Association Scholarship:
You know that nursing is a unique, caring profession which exists to serve God's people and reflect Christ's love worldwide. Partner with us to help prepare the next generation of compassionate and capable nurses through the WELS Nurses Association (WELSNA) Scholarship at Wisconsin Lutheran College! To learn about the Wisconsin Lutheran College Nursing Program Click Here.
If you would like to make a gift or would like more information about the scholarship at WLC, please do not hesitate to contact Richard Mannisto in the Development Office at 414.443.8788 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your gift today will be a blessing to the nurses of tomorrow!
Because the nursing program at WLC is grounded in Christian motivation and ethics with an emphasis on ministry and service, we are asking you to partner with us in any way in which you are able, to help prepare the next generation of compassionate and capable nurses. Confident in God's present and future blessings, we have established two types of scholarship funds:
Criteria for award*:
- one annually funded scholarship that will help support the studies of a WELS nursing student through a $1,000 non-renewable award granted yearly.
- an endowed scholarship fund that will, once fully funded, result in a $1,000 annual disbursement from the fund earnings. In order to fully endow this scholarship fund, it needs to be at the $25,000 level. Once it reaches that level and remains in the endowment for one year, it will generate a $1000 scholarship annually, forever!
- WELS member (or member of a church body within WELS fellowship)
- Nursing major
- 3.0 GPA
- Full-time junior
Scholarship recipients will be determined by the WLC financial aid office in collaboration with nursing faculty as necessary and appropriate.
Some funding ideas...
- You can direct your Thrivent "Choice dollars" to the WELSNA Scholarship at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
- Please contact the Development Office at WLC if you would like to speak to someone about including the WELSNA Scholarship in your estate plans. Call Richard Mannisto @ 414.443.8788 or by email at email@example.com with any questions you may have.