WELS Nurses Association
Coming up soon...
Spotlight on the New postings:
Bethany Lutheran College will be starting a BSN Program soon and is posting for a Director of Nursing position! More information under the "Announcements"
Learn about Parish Nursing this Summer! Wisconsin Lutheran College School of Nursing is offering a six week online course for both the experienced RN and nursing student. Develop a Christian understanding of Parish Nursing and consider a Parish Nurse Ministry in your own congregation! Read more about it under the "Announcements"!
WELS Nurses Association Scholarship: As members of the WELS Nurses Association, you know that nursing is a unique, caring profession which exists to serve God's people and reflect Christ's love wordwide. We are asking you to partner with us to help prepare the next generation of compassionate and capable nurses through the establishment of the WELS Nurses Association (WELSNA) Scholarship at Wisconsin Lutheran College! Read more under the "Announcements".
The Lutheran Home Association is hosting a National Summit on Senior and Disability Ministries, May 2-3rd in Belle Plaine, MN. 4.5 continuing education credits are available to nurses. Click on the link to register or for more information. A great opportunity! Early Bird registration fee of $39 through April 11th. Don't delay! http://community.tlha.org/national_summit
New 2014 Christians Forward Southeast Asia mission opportunities are outlined in the "Announcements". Check it out!
The new Winter 2014 issue of "His Hands" has just been posted! (click on Special Ministries sidebar)
Need a service project idea for your church group? A new Nigerian Health Clinic is in need of financial help to purchase basic exam equipment! More information under the "Announcements". Check it out!
Coming asap....video of the 2014 WELSNA Spring Conference! Watch for it!
New 2014 Winter issue of WELS Nursing Today (Click on side bar)
WKW's Lutheran Health Alliance is posting for 6 month-1 year "Healthy Family Project Coordinator" in Mahahaul, Mexico. The position requires a high degree of Spanish proficiency. More info under the announcements!
WLC is posting for clinical instructors: more information under the announcements. To read even more about the Wisconsin Lutheran College Nursing Program click on this link! http://www.wlc.edu/academics/nursing/
Click on CAMM sidebar for the March update letter. Also...news about Alison Westphal's commissioning as the Lutheran Mobile Clinic administrator in Malawi! Read more on CAMM sidebar!
WELSNA Goals for 2014...The future of the WELS Nurses Association holds many opportunities, and we pray the Lord will bless our efforts going forward, as He has in the past. The goals set forth for 2014 are quite exciting and consistent with our mission of “working together as servants of Jesus Christ”. We plan to work with Wisconsin Lutheran College to establish a scholarship for WELS nursing students at the College. An online, college level Parish Nurse Course will be offered through Wisconsin Lutheran College, the result of collaboration between WLC and the WELS Parish Nurses. We hope to offer devotional materials for our members to use. Finally, the WELSNA Council aims to evaluate our organizational guidelines and hold an election of new council members at the Spring Conference. These goals are indicative of the fact that our WELS Nurses Association is growing and developing into an organization that can have a real impact on our peers and those we wish to serve. Blessings to all our nurses as we serve the Lord by serving those He has put into our lives.
WELSNA Mission Statement
Nurses working together as servants of Christ.
WELSNA Statement of Purpose
- Spiritual Support: Provide opportunities for nurses to develop and to grow in faith to face challenges in their lives and work place.
- Education: Promote, develop and facilitate educational programs through establishment of a speaker’s bureau, a resource library for continuing education and wellness information for the community.
- Consultation: Develop training programs that can be used by different segments such as parish nurses, home care nurses, hospital nurses, nurse educators and student nurses.
- Advocacy: Promote development of leadership pool to be utilized in capacity identified by the WELS Nurses Association.
- Health Resources: Develop a pool of volunteers and/or resources (health booklets etc) to be used for community served and/or to disseminate during scheduled events.
- Volunteer Care: Develop a database to serve in a variety of situations based on needs of the community being served.
- Community Liaison/Referral: Develop relationships with other organizations with a focus on programs to provide services of community served
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms “ (1 Peter 4:10).