WELS Nurses Association
Coming up soon...
Spotlight on the New postings:
New 2014 Christians Forward Southeast Asia mission opportunities are outlined in the "Announcements". New info on the trip in April! Check it out!
The new Winter 2014 issue of "His Hands" has just been posted! (click on Special Ministries sidebar)
Need a service project idea for your church group? A new Nigerian Health Clinic is in need of financial help to purchase basic exam equipment! More information under the "Announcements". Check it out!
The Central Africa Medical Mission is accepting applications for the Nurse-in-Charge position for Malawi. More information under the "Announcements".
Save the Date! Please join us on Saturday, March 29th 2014 for the WELSNA Spring Conference at Wisconsin Lutheran College. Our conference will be guided by the theme "Equipped to Serve". Presenter will share "tips and tools" that we can use to develop ourseves as professional nurse serving Christ. Click here for more information and to register!
New 2014 Winter issue of WELS Nursing Today (Click on side bar)
WKW's Lutheran Health Alliance is posting for 6 month-1 year "Healthy Family Project Coordinator" in Mahahaul, Mexico. The position requires a high degree of Spanish proficiency. More info under the announcements!
WLC is posting for clinical instructors: more information under the announcements. To read even more about the Wisconsin Lutheran College Nursing Program click on this link! http://www.wlc.edu/academics/nursing/
Click on CAMM sidebar for the February update letter. Also...news about Alison Westphal's commissioning as the Lutheran Mobile Clinic administrator in Malawi! Read more on CAMM sidebar!
WELSNA Goals for 2014...The future of the WELS Nurses Association holds many opportunities, and we pray the Lord will bless our efforts going forward, as He has in the past. The goals set forth for 2014 are quite exciting and consistent with our mission of “working together as servants of Jesus Christ”. We plan to work with Wisconsin Lutheran College to establish a scholarship for WELS nursing students at the College. An online, college level Parish Nurse Course will be offered through Wisconsin Lutheran College, the result of collaboration between WLC and the WELS Parish Nurses. We hope to offer devotional materials for our members to use. Finally, the WELSNA Council aims to evaluate our organizational guidelines and hold an election of new council members at the Spring Conference. These goals are indicative of the fact that our WELS Nurses Association is growing and developing into an organization that can have a real impact on our peers and those we wish to serve. Blessings to all our nurses as we serve the Lord by serving those He has put into our lives.
WELSNA Mission Statement
Nurses working together as servants of Christ.
WELSNA Statement of Purpose
- Spiritual Support: Provide opportunities for nurses to develop and to grow in faith to face challenges in their lives and work place.
- Education: Promote, develop and facilitate educational programs through establishment of a speaker’s bureau, a resource library for continuing education and wellness information for the community.
- Consultation: Develop training programs that can be used by different segments such as parish nurses, home care nurses, hospital nurses, nurse educators and student nurses.
- Advocacy: Promote development of leadership pool to be utilized in capacity identified by the WELS Nurses Association.
- Health Resources: Develop a pool of volunteers and/or resources (health booklets etc) to be used for community served and/or to disseminate during scheduled events.
- Volunteer Care: Develop a database to serve in a variety of situations based on needs of the community being served.
- Community Liaison/Referral: Develop relationships with other organizations with a focus on programs to provide services of community served
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms “ (1 Peter 4:10).