WELS Nurses Association
Coming up soon...
Spotlight on the New postings:
"An Evening with Debbie Sprague" - WELS Parish Nurses and Christ Lutheran Church is hosting Debbie on September 11th at 6:30 PM as she speaks on PTSD from the perspective of a WELS wife of a Vietnam Veteran with PTSD. More info under the "Announcements". Canceled due to a death in the family. Please keep Debbie & family in your prayers
The WELS Parish Nurse Gathering is set for October 18th, 2014 at Christ Lutheran in Pewaukee, WI. Mark your calendars and join us! CLICK HERE for more information or to register! Register before October 1st for the Early Bird Rate!
The annual Christian Life Resource National Convention has been set for November 1st, 2014 at St. Paul's in Slinger, Wisconsin. An excellent opportunity for nurses to grow in faith as we are "Equipped for Life"! For more information and to register go to the "Announcements".
The online Parish Nurse Course will be offered again by Wisconsin Lutheran College and WELS Parish Nurses in the fall of 2015! More information under the "Announcements"!
WELS Nurses Association Scholarship: As members of the WELS Nurses Association, you know that nursing is a unique, caring profession which exists to serve God's people and reflect Christ's love wordwide. We are asking you to partner with us to help prepare the next generation of compassionate and capable nurses through the establishment of the WELS Nurses Association (WELSNA) Scholarship at Wisconsin Lutheran College! Read more under the "Announcements".
October/November 2014 Christians Forward Southeast Asia mission opportunity is outlined in the "Announcements". Check it out!
2014 Summer issue of WELS Nursing Today (Click on side bar)
To read about the Wisconsin Lutheran College Nursing Program click on the link below! http://www.wlc.edu/academics/nursing/
WELSNA Goals for 2014...The future of the WELS Nurses Association holds many opportunities, and we pray the Lord will bless our efforts going forward, as he has in the past. So far in 2014, with the help of Wisconsin Lutheran College (WLC), we have established a scholarship for WELS nursing students. An online, college level parish nurse course is also being offered through WLC, the result of collaboration between WLC and the WELS Parish Nurses. More information on both the scholarship and the online parish nurse course is available on the website, www.welsnurses.net. With the help of our spiritual advisor, Rev. Jim Behringer, Special Ministries Director, we also hope to develop devotional materials for our members. At our spring conference, a council election was held for the offices of coordinator-elect and secretary, bringing fresh energy and a renewed desire to serve the Lord. In the coming months, the WELSNA Council aims to fine tune our organizational guidelines. All of this is indicative of the fact that WELSNA is growing and developing into an organization that can have a real impact on our peers and those we wish to serve.
WELSNA Mission Statement
Nurses working together as servants of Christ.
WELSNA Statement of Purpose
- Spiritual Support: Provide opportunities for nurses to develop and to grow in their faith as they face challenges in their lives and work place.
- Education: Promote, develop and facilitate educational programs through establishment of a speaker’s bureau, a resource library for continuing education and wellness information for the community.
- Consultation: Develop training programs that can be used by different areas of practice such as parish nurses, home care nurses, hospital nurses, nurse educators and student nurses.
- Leadership: Promote development of an expert pool to be utilized as a resource for nurse's association members.
- Health Resources: Develop a pool of volunteers and/or resources (health booklets etc) for the community served, and for to distribution during scheduled events.
- Volunteer/Mission Opportunities: Develop a database of volunteers to serve in a variety of situations based on needs of the local or global community being served.
- Collaboration: Develop relationships with other organizations within the WELS with a focus on programs that provide service to communities served.
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms “ (1 Peter 4:10).